Revised 7/1/22 (supersedes all previous revisions)
Person interested in booking The Cool Venue (TCV) must read through to the end before booking venue. Booking our venue confirms you have read and agreed to all the terms listed below. Thank you for taking the time to read our detailed terms.
1. A nonrefundable deposit/retainer of $500 (Edison) and $750 (Sayreville) is required to reserve your date and time block. It is not refundable under any circumstance.
2. NJ sales tax will apply to the venue booking. It will be added to the booking amount when checking out on the website but only the $500/$750 will be due to reserve your date. The remaining balance will be billed to you and is due a month to your event.
3. A $250 - $350 incidental deposit will be added to your final bill. The incidental deposit is refunded within 5 days after the venue is returned clean (as given to you), your event does not go overtime, no damages to the space and venue equipment and there are no any violations to using our venue terms.
4. The final bill is due 1 month before your event. If you book your event less than a month, we will bill you right away for the remaining balance after the $500/$750 is paid on the website to reserve your event date. Please ensure the final bill is paid on time to avoid late fees. Final payments are taken through Zelle or Cash app. A 3.5% processing fee will apply for all credit card payments.
5. Event Cancellations and Rescheduling:
If event is cancelled by (You):
• Before 30 days to your event - only the $500/$750 amount is lost
• Less than 30 days before your event - all venue costs will be due and no cash refunds or cancellations. No exceptions.
• We will issue a venue credit for the payments made up to a year, if your event is unable to occur due to an NJ state shutdown due to covid-19. Currently, no other scenarios will qualify for a venue credit.
6. Should you need to reschedule your event, ensure you notify email@example.com before 30 days to your event otherwise you will be responsible for the entire cost of the venue rental. The rescheduling fee is $150 - $350 depending on the location booked and event package booked, and the new event date must be within a year from your original event date. Prices may be adjusted to reflect the rescheduled date. Only 1 event schedule is permitted per booking.
7. Very important: our venue is a 6.5-hours venue rental. The 6.5-hours includes time for setup/decorating, event time and cleanup time. The chairs and tables will be in the venue for you to setup. Extra time outside of the 6.5 hours will be considered overtime and a fee will apply. Currently, it is $250 per extra hour in TCV Edison and $300 per extra hour at TCV Sayreville.
Due to multiple events happening in a day the venue especially on weekends, you would need to inquire about availability for any desired extra time. In cases where you have a very detailed décor setup or have a unique event, we recommend buying the 10-hour block, so you have adequate time for setup. Reach out to us directly at 732-640-5560 or firstname.lastname@example.org so we can assist you in booking the 10-hour package offline.
8. Countertop spaces in our pantry have been designated to set up your event food and not on the venue tables due to liability of food being potentially knocked over and for safety reasons. TCV will not be liable for damages to food or injury if the event host chooses to setup food using regular tables.
10. A credit card and ID may be required on file for all bookings to ensure that we can validate the person booking the venue and who is going to be responsible for the care of the venue and guests while event is going on. All bookings must be done by an adult (18 years and over).
12. Due to the boutique nature of our venues, event and staffing schedules, we aim to host a weekly open house to see the space in person on Tuesdays from 6:30pm to 7:30pm at Sayreville and on Thursdays from 6:30pm to 7:30pm at Edison. We recommend that you see the space in person before booking the venue. The first person to book reserves the venue on any desired date.
13. Currently, we have Edison and Sayreville, NJ venue locations. You are not able to change locations after your initial booking. We recommend that you see the desired venue location and know each venue’s guest capacity before booking online. In rare cases where a change must occur, a $150 admin fee will apply to switch venues, and it will be based on availability at the new location. If the desired venue location is not available after your request to change it, you can maintain the original location otherwise the no cash refund policy will apply. Please contact us on our business line 732-640-5560 or email@example.com as soon as possible if you must change the venue location. The $150 admin fee will be due at the time of the change and will be based on the new location’s availability.
14. At any point in time, if you need to clarify any questions before or after booking your event, please reach out to us at 732-640-5560 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for answers. Alternatively, you can leave a voicemail on our business line (732-640-5560) and we will be sure to return your call during business hours.
15. Beer, wine and soft drinks are allowed. However, a licensed and insured bartending company is required to serve liquor and it cannot be resold on our premises. It must be free for the event.
16. Décor – We are able to provide décor for your event depending on your theme and budget. We recommend you book venue first to reserve date before requesting décor information. You are also free to bring your own décor company.
17. A Cool Venue associate may be present at the time of arrival of your event and during the event to ensure event is going on well.
Not allowed on our venue premises:
• No smoking or vaping onsite and on venue’s grounds/patios and in front of the building
• No glitter or confetti. No use of tape on venue walls.
• No real flames except for warming food and candles for the event cake
• No helium air balloons allowed in our Edison/Sayreville locations due to our very tall ceilings. Regular balloons allowed.
• No extremely loud disturbing noise on premises and in the parking lot due to residential buildings close to our venues. Guests will not continue partying on the outside premises of the venue after the event is over. No loitering of guests in front of venue premises.
• For the safety of TCV guests and Staff, no form of violence or aggression will be tolerated at any of our venues.
• The Cool Venue reserves the right to use images and videos of your event details on its website and on its social media platforms.