Person interested in booking our venue must read through to the end before booking venue. Booking our venue confirms you have read and agree to all the terms listed below. Thanks for taking the time to read our detailed terms.
1. A $500 nonrefundable deposit/retainer is required to reserve your date and time block. It is not refundable under any circumstances. N o exceptions.
2. NJ sales tax will apply to the venue booking. It will be added to the booking amount when checking out on the website but only the $500 will be due to reserve your date.
3. A $250 incidental deposit will be added to your final bill. The $250 incidental deposit is refunded within 5 days after the venue is returned clean (as given to you), your event does not go overtime, no damages to the space and venue equipment and there are no any violations to using our venue terms.
4. The final bill is due 1 month before your event. Payment will be through Zelle or Cashapp. If you want to pay the final balance with a credit card, a 3.5%-4% of the final bill will be added for the credit card processing fees. If you book your event less than a month, we will bill you right away for the remaining balance after the $500 non-refundable deposit is paid on the website.
5. Event Cancellations and Rescheduling:
If event is cancelled by (You):
• Before 30 days to your event - only $500 deposit/retainer is lost
• Less than 30 days before your event - all venue costs will be due and no cash refunds. No exceptions.
• We will issue a venue credit for the payments made up to a year, if your event is unable to occur due to an NJ state shutdown due to covid-19. Currently, no other scenarios will qualify for a venue credit.
6. If you must reschedule your event, ensure you notify email@example.com before 30 days before your event otherwise you will be responsible for the entire cost of the venue rental. The rescheduling fee is $100, and the new event date must be within a year from your original booking date. Prices may be adjusted to reflect the rescheduled date. Only one event reschedule is allowed per booking.
7. Note our venue is a 6.5-hours venue rental. The 6.5-hours includes time for setup/decorating, event time and cleanup time. The chairs and tables will be in the venue for you to setup. Extra time outside of the 6.5 hours will be considered overtime and a fee will apply. $250 per extra hour in Edison and $200 extra per hour at South Bound Brook location.
Due to multiple events happening in a day especially on weekends, you would need to inquire about availability for the extra time. In cases where you have a very detailed décor setup or have a unique event, we recommend buying the 10-hour block, so you have adequate time for setup. Reach out to us directly at 732-640-5560 or firstname.lastname@example.org so we can assist you in booking the 10-hour package offline.
8. Countertop spaces in our kitchenette have been designated to set up your event food and not on the venue tables due to liability of food being potentially knocked over and for safety reasons.
10. A credit card and ID may be required on file for all bookings to ensure that we can validate the person booking the venue and who is going to be responsible for the care of the venue and guests while event is going on.
In-person open house times
12. Due to the boutique nature of our venues, event and staffing schedules, we strive to have a bi-weekly open house so people can see the space in person. Designated times are:
South Bound Brook location - Every other Tuesday:
6:30pm to 8:00pm
Edison location - Every other Thursday
6:30pm to 8:00pm
We recommend that you see the space in person before booking the venue. The first person to book online reserves the venue on desired date.
Other resources: We also have virtual tours of both venues on our website and a corresponding frequently asked page (FAQs), so you have a very good idea of the venues before booking. No refunds will be given under any circumstances once the venue is booked.
13. Currently, we have Edison and South Bound Brook, NJ venue locations. You are not able to change locations after your initial booking. We recommend that you see the desired venue location and know each venue’s guest capacity before booking online. In rare cases where a change must occur, a $150 admin fee will apply to switch venues, and it will be based on availability at the new location. If the desired venue location is not available after your request to change it, you can maintain the original location otherwise the no cash refund policy will apply. You must contact us on our business line 732-640-5560 or email@example.com as soon as possible if you must change the venue location. The $150 admin fee will be due at the time of the change and will be based on the new location’s availability.
14. At any point in time, if you feel the need to clarify any questions before or after booking your event, please reach out to us at 732-640-5560 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for answers. Alternatively, you can leave a voicemail on our business line (732-640-5560) and we will be sure to return your call.
15. Beer, wine and soft drinks are allowed. However, a licensed and insured bartending company is required to serve liquor and it cannot be resold on our premises. It must be free for the event.
16. Décor – We may be able to provide décor for your event depending on your theme and budget. We recommend you book venue first to reserve date before requesting décor information. You are also free to bring your own décor company.
17. A Cool Venue associate may be present at the time of arrival of your event and during the event to ensure event is going on well. The associate will stay during the event but will not interfere with your event except for check ins on how event is coming along or need to communicate information to the host
Not allowed on our venue premises:
• No smoking or vaping onsite and on venue’s grounds/patios and in front of the building
• No glitter or confetti
• No real flames except for warming food and candles for the event cake
• No helium balloons allowed in our Edison location due to our very tall ceilings. Regular balloons allowed. Allowed at South Bound Brook
• No extremely loud disturbing noise on premises and in the parking lot due to residential buildings close to our venues. Guests will not continue partying on the premises of the venue or parking lot after the event is over.
•Pets are currently not allowed on our venue premises
• Due to the residential apartments above our venue in South Bound Brook, we no longer allow DJs. The inhouse blue booth speakers are to be used which gives a reasonably good sound level for music but cannot be overly loud.
• The Cool Venue reserves the right to use images and videos of your event details on its website and on its social media platforms.
If you agree, proceed to Book Now